Larry was sworn in 2019 as the first African American Mayor for the City of Manor, Texas (7th fastest growing & 20th best suburb to live in America); an Assistant Professor of Management & MBA Program Coordinator for Huston-Tillotson University’s MBA Program; President of Wallace Brothers & Associates which provides small business strategic planning; and Co-Owner of The Transition which mentors within the transition assistance space. Previously, he served as Director of Veterans Support & Leadership Programs at the University of Texas System Administration and an Executive in Residence for VETTED, a nonprofit veterans transition program, upon retiring from the US Army.
Larry earned his doctorates from Northcentral University, is a University of Texas at Arlington Alumni, holds an MBA and master in human relations & business, executive leadership certificates in entrepreneurship by Texas A&M - Commerce & Saint Joseph University, a Business Skills Certificate from the University of Pennsylvania at Wharton, Veterans in Politics & Civic Engagement Certificate from Syracuse University, a selectee to attend the National Defense University’s Joint Special Operations Masters of Arts in Strategic Studies. He is also Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt certified & project management trained.
Larry is a retired combat veteran that served as Chief of Staff to the Chief People Officer and Deputy Chief of Staff for the U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command (Airborne) during the integration of women into combat roles; Chief of Staff to the Chief of Intelligence & Operations and a Managing Director for USA NATO during the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010, European base closures, and realignment of NATO forces; Director of People for an Infantry Task Force overseeing Anbar Province, the largest in Iraq; a Top Tier US Postal Managing Director supporting Southern Iraq; ROTC Recruiter for the University of Texas at Arlington, Managing Director of a Drill Sergeant Training Company over the Mid-Cities; Drill Sergeant at Fort Sill, Oklahoma; and the Department of the Army Promotion System & Customer Service Senior Manager for the 25th Infantry Division & Johnston Island.
Within nonprofit, Larry served as Greek Life President over 25+ organizations, National Pan-Hellenic Council Community Services Director; Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Graduate Advisor, and Mascot at the University of Texas at Arlington. He also served as President for 3 districts & 13 local bodies; a State Junior Vice President; Strategic Director for 4 states; Chief Administrative Officer for 3 national staffs; an Adjunct Professor for Central Texas College; a College Proctor for 3 universities; and an Assistant Scoutmaster. Larry served as a radio personality for Blackberry Gospel Radio and Vice Chairman & Strategic Planning Chair for C2 Change (mental health support to youth and their families). He currently serves as an Employment & Training Advisory Member for Texas Veterans Commission; Veterans Advisor to the Travis County Commissioner - Precinct 1; Manor Independent School District Citizen’s Bond Advisory Committee; National Association of Healthcare Senior Executives member; Manor Schoolhouse Foundation Board Member; Ambassador to the Travis County Healthcare Division (Central Health); and former Councilman and former Planning & Zoning Commissioner at City of Manor. Larry is also co-author of The Transition: Preparing for Financial Combat which spearheaded the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy’s transition elective revision.
Recognitions bestowed are 2019 Austin Under 40 Dual Finalist for Youth & Education and Civics, Government & Public Affairs; 2019 Achievements in Black Austin Honoree; 42 performance awards; 2 district staff member of the year awards; a community service & president of the year award; 3 honorary & 25 invitational memberships; NCU Dissertation of the Year (nominee); NCU Alumni of the Year (nominee); UTA ROTC Hall of Honor (nominee); and induction into the Golden International Honour Society, Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business, and the International Scholar Laureate Program for Business & Entrepreneurship program.
Larry is married to the former Jamilah Sharp of Atlanta, Georgia, and father of Levi, and twins Madison and Elijah.
• US Army (Retired)
• 27 performance / proficiency awards
• 5 foreign relations awards
• 3 teamwork awards
• 3 cultural diversity awards
• 2 adversity / courage awards
• 2 personification awards
• Society of Human Resource Management
• Dallas Human Resource Management Association
• American College of Healthcare Executives
• National Association of Health Services
• Golden Key International Honour Society
• Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business
• International Scholar Laureate Program for Business & Entrepreneurship program.
• Action Officer Development (2016)
• Human Resources Operations Course (2015)
• Human Resources Management (2014)
• Information Assurance (2014)
• Administrative Specialist (2010)
• Logistics, Supervision & Human Resources Management Leadership (2010)
• Safety Officer Course (2010)
• Executive Leaders Course (2010)
• Contracting Officer Representative (2009)
• Human Resources Advanced Course (2009)
• Contracting Officer Representative with a Mission Focus (2008)
• Self-Defense (2007)
• Human Resources Basic Course (2006)
• Management & Training (2005)
• Field Experience in Management (2005)
• Basic Leader Course (2005)
• Training & Development School (2004)
• Company Trainer’s Course (2004)
• Word Processing & Computer Applications (2004)
• Communications Systems Operations (2004)
• Human Resources Specialist (2004)
• Technical Report Writing (2004)
• Management Practicum & Oral Communication (2003)
• Defense Basic Preservation & Packing (2003)
• Unit Supply Specialist (2003)
• Marketing Systems (2003)
• Hazardous Material Procedures (2002)
• Defense Hazmat Handling (2002)
• Protecting Secret & Confidential Documents (2002)
• Manager Development (2002)
• Primary Leadership Development Course (2002)
• Business Communications (2002)
• Office Administration, Procedures & Record Keeping (2002)
• Military Science Principles of Supervision (2002)
• Total Army Training System (TATS) Primary Leadership Development (2002)
• Supervisor Development (2001)
• Manager Development (2001)
• Support Operations (2001)
• Sanitation Services (2000)
• Communications (2000)
• Human Resources Management Records & Information Management (1999)
• Records & Information Management (1999)
• Personnel Services Specialist (1999)
• Medical Training Course (1999)
Copyright © 2019 Wallace Brothers & Associates - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Hard Work & Dedication