• Mayor (1st African American), City of Manor
• President, Texas Municipal League (Region 10)
• Board Member, Capital Area Regional Transportation Planning Organization
• Member, U.S. Council of Mayors
• Member, U.S. Conference of Cities
• Member, African American Mayors Association
• Assembly Member, Capital Area Council of Governments
• Member, Austin Travis County Complete Count Committee
• Member, Census 2020 Government Subcommittee
• Former Councilman (Place 4), City of Manor
• Former Planning & Zoning Commissioner (Place 4), City of Manor
• Director, Stonewater Home Owners Association
• Board Member, Manor Schoolhouse Foundation
• Member, 2019 MISD Citizen's Bond Advisory Committee
• Charter Member, Manor American Legion
• Steering Committee Member, 2020 National Forum for Black Public Administrators Conference
• Member, Mayors' Institute for Racial and Economic Justice Policy
• Member, When We All Vote (Civic Cities Program)
• Member, Mayors Peace Act for Community Centered Policing
• Member, Commit to Action Mayor’s Pledge (Obama Foundation)
• Member, City Innovation Ecosystems Commitment Program (National League of Cities & CivStart)
• Member, When All Women Vote Pledge (Civic Cities Program)
2018 - 2019
• Our Community Salutes (created)
• Manor Healthcare Task Force (coordinated)
• Inaugural Manor Resource & Information Fair (facilitated)
2019 - 2020
• Inaugural State of the City Address (created)
• 2020 US Census
• Austin Integral Care Mental Health Interlocal Agreement Support to Manor PD
• CommUnityCare COVID Testing Site (coordinated)
• Livestreaming of Council & Committee Meetings (facilitated)
• Purple Heart City Designation (coordinated)
• 1st Central Texas Purple Heart School District Designation (coordinated)
• The Grassdale (Qualified Opportunity Zone) Groundbreaking
• Manor Charter Committee resulting in 20 Charter Propositions (facilitated)
• Mayor Community Collaborative Committee (created)
• Manor Economic Development Committee (created)
• Manor Public Safety Committee (created)
• Citizen’s Police Advisory Board (created)
• Manor Emergency Management Committee (created)
• Manor Emergency Management Ordinance (facilitated)
• Manor Emergency Management Basic Plan (holistic support revisions)
• 290 & Joyce Turner Re-striping (coordinated)
• Juneteenth City Holiday (facilitated)
• Response to COVID19 Ordinance (created)
• Leadership Manor Program
• LyftUp Access Alliance Grant Program (coordinated)
• Laundris (R&D tech headquarters) (coordinated)
• City of Manor, Austin Public Health, Central Health, and CommUnityCare PPE Distribution (facilitated)
• 2050 Comprehensive Plan (coordinated)
• Economic development Smartbook (Coordinated)
• Economic Office (facilitated)
• Bi Weekly Mayors & County Judge Meeting (coordinated)
• Climate Mayors - Partner City (coordinated)
• Manor Paris Agreement Resolution & Climate Mayors Partner City (coordinated)
What strategies will you use to ensure open communication between City Hall and residents?
Continue to expand areas of access and dialogue by increasing the number of engagements outside of City Hall meetings (e.g., Manor ISD, HOA, and other community events & association gatherings; posting on official manor social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter; and possibly creating a question & answer section in Manor newsletter). Additionally, maintain an active social media page and line of accessibility for more personalized interaction, and potentially have City Council and Planning & Zoning Commission meetings recorded and posted in addition to the minutes and agenda.
What are your top environmental and land development concerns and how do you plan to address them?
Sustaining a decent mixture of agricultural (e.g., crop & livestock farming, breeding, etc.) and new age housing with the use of poor agricultural locations for housing first; to include, consistent yet contemporary landscaping. Regulating the use of chemical fertilizers, fuel, and raw materials to increase resident safety measures. Ensuring the City of Manor expands with municipal services as the focal point. Also, establishing and enhancing drainage routes to reduce farming damage and traffic rerouting. By identifying key stakeholders and their interests, effective messaging is established.
What is your vision for transportation infrastructure in your community and how will you advance it?
Increasing road construction to reduce traffic congestion via data collection to persuade stakeholders. For example, creating multi-lane expansions on 290 and Gregg Lane. Re-evaluating speed limits, especially on poorly improved or low-lit roads. Adjusting the timing of stop lights for increased traffic from newly developed and expanded communities. Official turning lanes where high traffic and high-speed is common, especially on poorly improved and low-lit roads. Also, increasing the number of street lights, particularly FM 973 and improvement of bad roads.
What other critical issues will you address and how?
Increasing economic development equally across all industries for total well-being improvement via
greater utilization of City produced resources. Ensuring business diversity equality relative to the growing population for a welcoming and representative culture. Establishing multi-purpose family entertainment and activity centers given the increased number of families by supporting entrepreneurship and small business ownership. Exceeding healthcare, mental health, and educational standards by actively measuring child and adult development centers to local, state, and national standards.
The Winner’s Circle Interview
Voices of Veterans Interview - Personal Journey (Texas Veterans Land Board)
Next Gen Warrior Interview - Transitioning Successfuly (Texas Veterans Land Board)
Census 2020 African-American Awareness Video
IVMF Veterans in Politics Program Presentation
2020 State of the City Address by Dr. Larry Wallace Jr.
Economic Perspectives with Mayor Wallace
Mayor Wallace Interview with Manor ISD Students (Part I)
Mayor Wallace Interview with Manor ISD Students (Part II)
Mayor Wallace Interview with Manor ISD Teachers
Coffee with Mayor Wallace
2020 Changing The Story Remarks - Begin at the 4:28 mark
This Is Manor UIL Submission
Leading in Uncertainty by Dr. Larry Wallace Jr.
If I Can Do It, YOU Can Too!! by Dr. Larry Wallace Jr.
Adaptive Leadership In High Stress Occupations by Dr. Larry Wallace Jr.
The Dad Show (Military Father’s) w/guest Dr. Larry Wallace Jr. - Begin at the 7:00 minute mark
Economic Development Show (The Transition: Preparing for Financial Combat Book Interview) w/guest Dr. Larry Wallace Jr. - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am1dYjjjP6Hw7j9Kzy_bpJDicLyV
Transitions and Transformations: A Personal Journey To Inspire Fellow Veterans
Copyright © 2020 Wallace Brothers & Associates - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Hard Work & Dedication